Tuesday, May 5, 2015

1 - LOVE LETTER


A thousand times we die in one life.
We crumble, tear and break apart until
the layers of illusion are burned away 
and all that is left, is the truth of who 
and what we really are.
                                     - Teal Scott
 

LOVE LETTER 

(I)

The Postman's near, but not quite here yet and I have a moment.

So, I put pen to paper - all because:

I need to let you know My Love, I still adore you; even more, than yesterday or the day before we said goodbye...

Folded paper from the pad, where my precious feelings all but had to be put down and got out of my head, my heart, my lungs.

Plain white envelope in the box, taken to be sorted - and if our plans be not thwarted; this letter will arrive on the other side of tomorrow.

(II)

Morning again: same food, same place, same full but lonely empty space. Cup of coffee, 2 fried eggs - rain outside: the world made dark and slow by it.

Death's Head Postman; hooded head.

WAIT! 

PAUSE.

Okay, he's gone.

All alone. Check the mail.

That Death's Head Postman never fails.

Plain white envelope, a letter sorted - our plans, I see, have not been thwarted!

The past made present from before - all because:

I need to let you know My Love, I still adore you; even more, than yesterday or the day before we said goodbye... but I cannot hold the heft of this thing that we call Death upon my shoulders. So, I must let you go; wiser, older. Free to be a little bolder. 

 MATTHEW LOVECRAFT'S

VISIT
LOVECRAFT'S LAIR


CHECK OUT
A PREVIEW OF MATTHEW LOVECRAFT'S NEWEST PROJECT




MATTHEW LOVECRAFT IS AN AUTHOR & PARANORMAL ENTERTAINER. 

PURCHASE MATTHEW LOVECRAFT'S FIRST BOOK

~ INSIDE OUT~
(a collection of poems)

INSIDE OUT








No comments:

Post a Comment