Tuesday, November 25, 2014

STARTING FROM SCRATCH

I miss it; that feeling of starting from scratch – of writing every day. It made me feel like there was something in this world that could wash away the filth; that offered relief.

I dreamt of novels and stories and the strife of day to day life was my inspiration, but I’ve begun to think that I am nothing more than a poet. I wonder about all of this when I reminisce about the past and the dreams I had. I wonder if stanzas and chopped up lines can turn into something bigger; something full of meaning.


So I start with just a few words; and I move on from there trying to create a piece of work that has substance and form; something more than rhythms and rhyming – moving towards a vision that has more to do with timing.

I refuse to conform; and hope that each day from this point forward I will look back on these moments and know that there is no beginning or end - only the time that we spend in-between birth and death – and all of it nothing more than one experience after another, and I think, “This is what religion must feel like.”

1 comment:

  1. I think you have figured out a large part of keeping your faith in your writing and your many other talents. :-)

    ReplyDelete